Case Study: Ford Auto and Marine Dealership (Smithville, MO)
Application: Outdoor Area Lighting
Dave Littleton Ford approached LEP with the need to renovate their large outdoor showroom with lighting that would display their inventory more attractively, while saving energy.
A total of 40 1000W and 400W HID light fixtures were replaced with 24 Plasma fixtures, and 12 1000W floods were upgraded to pulse-start HID technology. The light emitting plasma (LEP) fixtures produce bright, full-spectrum light for beautiful display qualities with a broad distribution, so fewer fixtures were needed to produce the desired light levels.
Littleton Ford received over $7,000 in utility rebates, and received a bonus depreciation deduction of about $16,000. The dealership will save $9,770 annually with a return on investment of 30 months.
- Replaced 45 HID lights with 24 ST400 plasma fixtures generating the desired light levels.
- 65% of the project cost was paid with energy-efficiency rebates and incentives
- Cut demand usage in half, reducing the annual energy footprint by over 70 tons of CO2.
- Maintenance-free up to 12 years, with 50,000 hour lamp life resulting in lower maintenance costs
- Annual utility and maintenance savings of more than $9,700
- 100% payback after only 30 months following the upgrade